Sunday, September 14, 2008

A place to call home

Well, not many people know that this move has been somewhat hard on me. I'm not 100% sure why, but I've got lots of theories. Anyways, I have been feeling a bit lonely at times. I'm just far enough away that I don't get spur of the moment calls any more: "wanna get together?". However, I'm really not THAT far away. it's a 45 min drive to Mckinleyville, where most of my friends reside. Gas makes it hard to go that direction EVERY day, but I've decided that I am going to at least once a week. Why??? well, I need to feel at home. I need to feel like there are people who care about me around me. I need to not feel lonely. Yes, I'm doing ok here. I'm meeting new people, but I also need some things to not change, for the time being. I'm so glad that I have a strong church family. A place I can call home. I wanted to try and find a place here in Fortuna... a new church family, but truth be told, I've been so longing for what used to be, that I'm not ready for it. It took me almost a year of trying out churches before I found the one that was right for me. If I lived farther away, well, it would obviously be a no brainer, but because i live in the same relatively close location, it is worth it to me to go into McKinleyville on Sundays and feel at home. And at peace. I went today, was small due to so many people being out sick, but man... it felt so nice! I felt like I belonged. I was fulfilled spiritually and emotionally today, and I know it's going to be a good day, a good week, because of that.

2 comments:

goodspiritz said...

Moving is always hard - if someone knows of an easy move I'd like to hear of it. I'm glad you went to church in McK and it felt good because there is no place like home - however...home is where the heart is and making a home takes heart and I'm confident you will put your heart into this new place and make it your new home. Perhaps your church will remain in McK - that doesn't negate where home is - but perhaps church will remain in McK and that will just be the way it is for now and the forseeable future. Hopefully that won't be too confusing - maybe not what you ultimately want but what you need for now.

April said...

i completely understand