Friday, September 27, 2013

Dave Matthews Band!

September 8th - Dave Matthews Band at the Shoreline in Mountain View.

What an EPIC event. I have wanted to see Dave live for YEARS now... I mean, seriously.... YEARS!

I first became a Dave fan when I heard the single - "Crash" from his 2nd album in 1997. I loved it so much, I bought the album, began listening to the first album (which I found out was BETTER than the 2nd!) and I immediately knew I loved these guys! For the past 15 years I have wanted to see Dave in concert - and for the last 15 years I haven't been able to - usually because by time I hear about the tour, or think to look at the tour dates, the California dates have past, or sold out already, or one year he wasn't touring. In any case, this past summer I got a bug to check the schedule and see when the band would be around again. I was surprised to find that I hadn't missed the date! Checking online, I looked to see if there were any seats left. Lawn seats - well, lawn seats are better then nothing, right? First thing is first - I have to make sure the kids are taken care of. if I have no where for them to go, then we can't do it.  Luckily, it's a Sunday night - my mother in law can take them, and get them on the bus the next morning since her house is on the bus line for them. PERFECT! Tickets ordered and we go!

It's Justin's first rock concert ever.... I've been to a couple, but not many, and the venues for the 2 I went to were not nearly as big... a few hundred dollars down for food and souvenirs, and we are ready for the concert.

AMAZING! BREATH TAKING! LOVE! I'm so glad we went. It was kind of like an anniversary present to ourselves (Sept. 9th - 15 years ago - was our first date!). Here are just a couple of pictures of that day!

 
 Selfies as we wait to begin....

 
 Our view - though we stood most of the time!

 






One of the better shots of the night... of course our camera phones don't take the best pictures... of which we weren't even supposed to do, but everyone did!


This was the set list... OMG.... loved these songs!


No comments: